Now that we’re back from Wenatchee, hubby is turning right back around to spend a week in California volunteering as a staffer at the California DeMolay’s DLC week. It’s a leadership camp where DeMolay from all over the state come and learn how to stop being punks and start being leaders.
What this means for me is that I’ll be home alone, for a week, with no pressing deadlines or projects to work on. All of this has got me thinking about our house, scrapbooking and projects in general. For instance, I have a very ambitious goal of painting the master bathroom while hubby is gone. I mean really, I don’t have to have him around to work on the house right? So, while it sounds easy, we’ll see how I do. These are the steps I’ll have to complete to accomplish the task:
1) Check out our paint supply downstairs to remember if we’ve already purchased paint for that bathroom. Oh how young and nieve we were when we first moved in. We bought paint for about 5 rooms and have only done 3 so far. I also need to inventory our painting supplies so I can buy new rollers or drop cloths if needed.
2) Get paint swatches from Lowes and pick out a color for the bathroom. It will be some shade of blue but you know how those colors look different in the store than at home!
3) Remove the hardware and medicine cabinet (if I can manage) from the walls.
4) Wash the walls with TSP. I promised hubby that if I actually DID get around to doing the bathroom that I’d do it right and not cut corners.
5) Tape off the areas that I don’t want to slop paint onto and lay a dropcloth over our toilet and vanity.
6) Paint the walls with a primer.
7) Paint the walls with the paint. Probably two coats, we’ll see.
8) CLEAN UP and hope it looks good.Since it’s less than 10 steps I should be able to manage right?