We all lead such busy lives that it’s important to take a moment once in a while to give thanks for everything we have. Today I’m taking a moment to make a list of 10 things I am grateful for. Some are silly some are serious but they are all things I’m thankful for.
1) I’m thankful that my two parents and my husband’s two parents mesh so well. It’s very rare to marry someone and have the extended families connect. It’s a treat every time we get together for a dinner or a weekend vacation.
2) I’m thankful that I have a roof over my head, my health and all my basic needs met. I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from and never have to wonder how I’m going to pay my bills.
3) I’m thankful that hubby gets rid of spiders for me. Just this morning the biggest, hairiest spider I’ve ever seen in our bathroom was sitting in the tub waiting for me to take a shower. Even on only a couple hours of sleep, he jumped out of bed and came to my rescue. There are many things that make our relationship work and many reasons we compliment each other, this is one of them.
4) I’m thankful for Little Caesar’s Crazy Bread. It’s not only delicious but it’s a great price. Nothing compares to the simplicity of a warm, soft breadstick dipped in pizza sauce.
5) I’m thankful that a three day weekend is coming up. I’m really looking forward to having some time off and spending it with my husband.
6) I’m thankful for our two door 2001 Hyundai Accent. It reminds me of the time we spent in Kansas City and how I worked hard to be able to buy my first car that was all my own and how I worked hard to pay it off.
7) I’m thankful that I can enjoy a good joke. Having a sense of humor is important in life and being able to enjoy a good laugh is something to be thankful for.
8) I’m thankful for where I lived in my childhood. Growing up in a big house on a lot of land taught me to appreciate the luxuries of life, to take care of what you have, to share with others and to appreciate the Earth.
9) I’m thankful for my bed sheets, the simplicity of snuggling up under the sheets and comforter on a chilly morning is a beautiful thing.
10) I’m thankful for our replay tv. I can watch all my hours of tv shows without being a slave to the tv. Just watch a little bit when I want or spend a Saturday catching up on everything from the week. Technology is crazy!